Major Appliances/Frigidair dishwasher

You had assisted on a question on this dishwasher literally I think right at or on Christmas.  Sorry I did not leave a rating...things just got hectic.  I will be sure to do so this time.  Always a "10"!  My question:  Over Christmas my dishwasher was not draining.  Just a clogged drainage hose.  I am now receiving an error "UO" or "U0" (zero).  When starting it makes a noise like a heartbeat a few times then stops.  (ironic, I know) Then the error code comes on.
It's a "Professional Series" 4300.  Model #: PLD4555RFC0 Serial #: TH74087120.  Thanks for any life support you may be able to render!  Andy

ANSWER: First thing would be to check the electric drain pump and be sure nothing go inside and damaged the impellers.  While there, Make sure the drain pump is actually working. Verify there is no blockage and the pump is actually running without a broken or worn impeller....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Thanks.  I did take the pump apart about a month ago before I realized the drain hose was clogged.  Now, yesterday, there was some water build up in the bottom, (which I think occured because it does run briefly before the error message occurs) but I hit the start button twice and it drained just fine (and quickly) so I think I'm ok there.  thanks

So now the unit is in fact draining....After doing so me more research, the Error UO error code means "Vent Open". The display cannot make the letter V so it uses the letter U.  On the top back right corner of the dishwasher tub, there is a vent and fan that opens to help dry the dishes at the end of the cycle. If the computer senses that the vent is open, then it won't start the cycle. Frigidaire says to first check the wiring and connections. If the wiring and connections are good, then you should first replace the vent assembly. If that doesn't solve your problem, then you should replace the main control board.  Aren't you thrilled with the Frigidaire resolution to that error code?  

Part number for the vent/damper assembly is 154562802.  I can sell it to you for 102.95 in new only if interested.  If I can help further, I am here.  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business