Major Appliances/Kenmore Electric Range Model/Serial 790.94229409

I cannot add a "follow-up" question to this thread below -

Continuing the thread
-> Set to read 250 volts + then stick a probe in each side of the burner receptacle.  Now, once the probes are in place. turn on the switch and read the voltage going to that burner.  What is the voltage you read?

Answer - It does not show any Voltage reading...which leads me to believe that the control has gone bad ??

I agree but before confirming the switch is defective, you can go toe the rear of the unit and remove the top cover....This will expose the burner or infinite switches as they are called and locate the one in question and check for a burnt wire.  If nothing burnt, turn on the burner switch and check for voltage at terminals H1 & H2.  What is the voltage here.....

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business