Major Appliances/Kenmore Elite 90 Washer buzzes with very weak agitation

My Kenmore Elite 90 washer attempts to agitate, but turns very weakly while buzzing. The lights in the ceiling flicker each time it attempts to agitate. I removed the cap from agitator and it seems to function properly as I rotate it back and forth. It seems that if the agitator was getting the proper amount of torque it would be working.  It spins fine. Is this transmission?  I replaced the motor last year along with the coupling.

Not sure just yet....   Got a model number of your unit?  Washer motor turns in one direction to agitate and the other to spin.  Motors don't normally lose power in only one direction.  Not that it can't happen....just normally does not.  If I had your model number I could see if you had a speed switch.  If you do, turn the machine off and then turn your speed selection dial to another setting.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business