Major Appliances/maytag refrigerator

I have a MAYTAG side by side refrigerator that is forming ice at the bottom of the freezer. MODEL # MSD2754GRW. I am trying to find the rear panel and the drain hole to check for ice blockage. Need help.

On the freezer side, remove all the food and then all the shelving and then the rear inside panel.  Once removed, using a hair dryer get rid of all the ice exposing the drip pan underneath the aluminum evaporator coils.  This will expose the drain line which will have to be unblocked.  I normally pour hot water in this area and using a small rubber hose, blow into the hole until the water goes down.  Be patient, this could take a while.  Once you can pour water in the tray and it goes down the hole, your ice on the floor problem will disappear....  Good Luck, Eric

If I can help further.....   I am here...

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business