Major Appliances/New Clothes Washer

Question
My 20+ year old washer stopped working. I would like to buy a more efficient one. My wife and I probably do 2 loads, whites and darks/colors, once every 3 to 4 weeks, if not less frequently. I know when energy/water efficiency of units is determined, frequency of use is a determining factor, right? If we do laundry 12 times a year, how would I factor that into my search? I can't see spending massive bucks for this particular appliance. Now, we may be looking to update our 20+ year old fridge, and that's a different matter as it's on all the time, but I need to know how or even if I need to adjust my thinking on purchasing a washer.

Answer
I am probably not the guy to ask those questions as I do not sell units, I repair them.  As far as best brands in my opinion, I have been servicing now for 36 years and over the years, Whirlpool has been the most consistant.  Since Whirlpool owns Maytag and any Maytag unit you would purchase is really a whirlpool underneath, stick with Maytag or Whirlpool and you can't go wrong in the long rum.  Good Luck in your decision.  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion