Major Appliances/dishwasher

Question
QUESTION: I have a GE quietpower 3 GLD5900N00BB dishwasher that jsut doesn't seem to clean very well on the top rack.  I have taken both upper and lower spray arms off and cleaned them and cleaned the gunk from the tub and ran cleaning cycles with vinegar.  It is so hard to tell what is actually going on in there since you can't run the thing with door cracked open.  Is there a filter or something on this thing that I can't see that I should be checking?  Any suggestions would help.  Thanks for your input.

ANSWER: Well....you could jump out the door switch and run it with the door cracked but I guarantee you would get wet.....Smiling....just kidding.  My first thought would be that the water level is low.  Just for giggles.....Start a fresh cycle and you will hear when it first starts a pressure of water volume.  Stop the cycle and add 2 gallons of water.  Now shut the door and listen to the pressure of water volume now.  Did it increase?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441   

QUESTION: Well we just happened to have a load of dishes that needed to be washed.  I put 2 gallons in on the first cycle and really only thing I noticed was more water sloshing around and maybe slightly quieter.  Waited for the main wash cycle after the tablet went clunk and added 2 gallons.  All I really noticed was the whole wash cycle seemed quieter, not the normal increased vibration I usually hear.  All dishes came clean except for the one in the top front left side.  So after it fills should the water be up to the heating element normally?  So what do ya think?

ANSWER: On the floor of your dishwasher there is a sump cover.  Remove this and reach your hand down in this area and see if there is anything in here that may be obstructing the flow of water.  There is a screen in this area and if partially blocked, the force of the water will be restricted.  Let me know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

QUESTION: There is a plastic cover right behind the lower arm.  I removed that and looked down into that well and there is nothing down there blocking it.  When I previously removed the lower arm, there is a screen there but it was clean.  Previously when I had the arms off, I ran a rinse cycle and it sounded like there was plenty of pressure.  How much water should be in the bottom of the dishwasher?  Any other suggestions?  Thanks

Answer
Kinda tough from here at this point.  The motor you have is a good one but if impeller got damaged it would restrict the flow of water.  Most newer machines use less water than normally use to in older models.  If nothing in the sump, start a fresh load again and then when you hear the water has stopped entering the machine.....give a few minutes after that to see if the water begins flowing in again....some do...and then open the door and measure the water level in inches inisde the cavity.  How many is there....???

Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion