Major Appliances/GE Wall Oven won't turn on/stay on

QUESTION: I have a GE wall oven, Model #JKP07G004BG, Serial #DG614833G.  

When I turn on the "Bake" switch sometimes the oven does not heat, sometimes it will heat but then switch off, sometimes it works just fine.  I find that if I fiddle with the switch, turning it off and on, adjusting the heat up and down, etc. it will eventually turn on and continue to work OK after that.  

I'm sure I can replace a switch myself, but I'm not sure which part needs to be replaced.

Thank you.

ANSWER: That is going to be either the selector switch or the thermostat itself.  Got a voltage meter and know how to use it?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: I do not have a voltage meter, but I can borrow one.  I've never used one, though, is it difficult?  

Do you have these parts in stock?  If you do, what's the cost?  Maybe I could just replace them both :).

Thank you!

The selector switch is part number WB22X5123 and I only have this item in new.  Cost is 139.95.  Te thermostat is part number WB24X176.  No longer available in new and I have one left in tested good quality used.  Cost is 150.00.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business