Major Appliances/ge zet 958smss double wall oven

Question
QUESTION: I need directions to replace the hidden bake element.  I have removed the top broiler.  3 screw on top and 3 on the bottom.  I have removed the crews from the lights and the cover to the convection fan.  The door is off.

I can not figure out how to remove the convection heating element
I can not figure out how to pull the light through
the meat probe will not pull through

ANSWER: First thing I would do is to remove the oven door and then remove the oven floor to gain access to the hidden bake element....    Good Luck, Eric

bottom of oven
bottom of oven  
QUESTION: How do you remove the oven floor the whole who insert is one piece?  I can send you a picture.

Answer
Hello Tom,
         I have done quite a bit of research on this unit and from what I can gather, the unit has to be pulled from the wall and attacked from the rear.  If you look at the  diagram for the bake element http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/G0903128-00002.png the (L-Shaped Plate) number 489 almost has to come out of the rear of the unit.  If I were there, I would pull the unit and attack from the rear.  These hidden elements are very tring at times.  Some come out from the sides but none thart I have run into come out from the front.  I apologize for the first response....Thought the floor came out until I looked further....  Pull the unit and attack from the rear....  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion