Major Appliances/whirlpool thin twin washer wont spin

Question
whirlpool thintwin stackable washer and dryer model LTE6234DQ3 ser MR0502821. On every cycle the washer wont spin by itself.  If i get it going by hand it will start to spin but not at full speed. maybe at half speed if even that. My townhouse was built in 2004 so I am assuming that this is the original set. other than that it appears to work fine. It will drain fine and agitate fine. would this be an expensive repair? I'm debating on finding someone to fix it or just buying a new set as these are 10 years old.
thank you
richard boisvert

Answer
That is a very good unit and the problem is most likely with the clutch assembly.  I can install a new clutch in there in about 45 minutes which would also install a new drive coupling.  Not sure of your area but parts would be around 50-60 dollars.  I would have it repaired as long as everything else is working.  After 10 years, I can see the clutch beginning to slip.  Gets quotes and have it repaired.  Good Luck and have a Happy Thanksgiving....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion