Major Appliances/electric ignition works intermittently on stove

Question
QUESTION: I have a Maytag gas stove/oven with electric ignition. I recently had to replace the control panel on the oven. Yesterday the stove would not spark to light. The oven works fine. It is obvious that a single igniter operates all 4 stove burners. They either all work or none work. The model is MGS5870ADC. Where is the stove igniter located in the back or under the cooktop? Is it hard to replace?

ANSWER: Behind each burner control knob is an igniter switch.  When turning any burner knob this activates the switch and all four burner ignitors should click...  Do they?  Do this to each burner knob and see if there is one that simply does not activate the sparking.  If so, let me know which burner knob it is...Left front, right rear, etc.  When the switch activates, it allows 110 volts to be present at the igniter module.  With any luck, you will find this behind the panel at the rear of the stove.  If not there, then it will be inder the main top assembly.  All of the top burner igniter wires go to this module.  You can follow them to the module.  If working intermittingly on all four burner knob/switches, the ignitor module can be shorting.  You will have to try and figure out which one is defective.  When testing, it is best to shut off the gas to the unit.  We are working on the ignition system and not needing gas for the igniters to spark.  With this knowledge, run some tests and I will be here for further questions.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Either they all click and light the burners or none of them click and no burners light.

Answer
Then you need to find the igniter module and see if you have 110 volts coming from the switch present when turning on a burner.  IF you have 110 volts, the igniters should be sparking.  Replace the module.  Part number is 8215557 and your cost through us is 69.95 + shipping.  Test with a voltage meter to be sure before ordering any parts.  Good Luck, Eric

Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion