Major Appliances/GE microwave

I have a 15 year old GE microwave Model JE 1640 that has just starting to make a strange growl while working, and it will no longer heat the food at all.  Is it worth reparing this unit?  I'm an HVAC tech so I could repair it myself if economical.  If it isn't, what other model would fit in this cabinet installation?

That is just a counter top model microwave.  I have no way of knowing the dimensions.  I would not put much money, if any into a microwave that old.  Counter top microwaves are relatively inexpensive and come in a variety of sizes.  Measure yours and go shopping.  Any you purchase will cook much faster with more accuracy.

Good Luck, Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business