Major Appliances/GE microwave

Question
I have a 15 year old GE microwave Model JE 1640 that has just starting to make a strange growl while working, and it will no longer heat the food at all.  Is it worth reparing this unit?  I'm an HVAC tech so I could repair it myself if economical.  If it isn't, what other model would fit in this cabinet installation?

Answer
That is just a counter top model microwave.  I have no way of knowing the dimensions.  I would not put much money, if any into a microwave that old.  Counter top microwaves are relatively inexpensive and come in a variety of sizes.  Measure yours and go shopping.  Any you purchase will cook much faster with more accuracy.

Good Luck, Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion