Major Appliances/Montgomery Ward Signature Deluxe 23' Freezer

Question
QUESTION: Model FFT895500B SN 67F26884 trying to find if it would have heavy or light oil in it so it could be run when it is real cold out. It is in a barn with now heat and used as a sjpare.

ANSWER: Try a low wattage light bulb that stays on all the time near the thermostat....See if that works in your application.....Montgomery ward has been out of business for a long time and information on your model number is not coming up in my resources.....  Good Luck, Eric

QUESTION: I guess I wasn't clear enough about my question. It will run, but I didn't want to try and run it with the heavy oil when it was real cold due to the fact I thought I would damage the compressor if the oil wouldn't flow properly.
Thanks Roger

Answer
Sorry.....Refrigerant oil is expensive to replace.  You must evacuate the system of freon and flush the old oil out.  I have never run across this question and see many units in garages without a problem.  I suppose you coould attach an electric pan heater to the compressor to help keep it warm in extreme temperatures.  Has this unit been running in this space for a long time.....    Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion