Major Appliances/amana stove

I own a amana arh6700e stove with a dual radiant burner that acts up.  Even when on the lower dual setting, it still boils water rapidly. Also lately it has trouble shutting completely off.  You think you have it off, but later you find out it isn't.  So is it the switch or the burner?  How to test each?  Also how do I get to them?  Thanks

All testing for the problem you are describing would be from the rear at the back of the switch of the burner in question.  This infinite switch controls the voltage going to the burner in question.   Unplug the unit and then remove the rear top cover.  Paying special attention to the switch in question, measure voltage coming out of terminals marked H1 & H2.  These two terminals should not have voltage if the burner is turned to the off position.  Let me know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business