Major Appliances/Dishwasher

Hi Eric I have ge quiet power 3 dishwasher .model number ghda480n10bb it's maybe less than five years old and it cleaned my dishes then the next day it didn't.  I can hear it running like normal but no cleaning and the detergent comes out but no water is spraying...water does come in I opened it during a just rinse cycle and saw it at bottom and it did drain out..when I opened the door I felt steam...but I don't it is spraying water.  Also cleaned out the bottom sprayer arm and found part of melted straw at bottom...and sucked the other piece to it with a wet/dry vac hose.  What else can I try.  Angela

You have a main circulating pump and a drain pump in your unit.  I would pay special attention the the main circulating pump for a problem.  If it is not pumping but running, it is either blocked or the impeller inside the pump housing is broken.  The unit will have to be taken apart to verify the problem at this point.  Are you up for that?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business