Major Appliances/Kenmore Elec. Dryer - NO HEAT

QUESTION: Model #66722690. Found open upper thermal fuse on heater box. When I checked for new part, I found out it only comes in a kit and must also replace hi-limit cut-off fuse located just above ceramic element towards bottom of heater box. My problem is that this dryer does not have a hi-limit c/o fuse or an orange wire from the harness. There are just 2 red wires from the harness going to the ceramic element and an opening in the heater housing for the hi-limit fuse. How am I supposed to wire this without the orange wire and with the added hi-limit fuse?

ANSWER: Use your old hi limit thermostat.  The kit you received doe snot include the type of thermostat you have on your unit right now.  Simply use the top thermal and you old bottom thermostat.  Now you have a spare part you do not need.  It is silly but the is the way they sell it.  

If I Can help further.....     Eric

QUESTION: Eric, there is no "old" hi-limit thermostat on this dryer...only an opening for one on the housing. Like I said, there is only the upper thermal fuse and the lower ceramic element on the bottom of the heater housing. Should I simply replace just the upper thermal fuse that was open? I think it will open again after a few loads. Can you give me specific instructions as to how to wire with the hi-limit thermostat using the jumper wire? If it can't be wired be it. Thanks, John

NOt sure what you are requesting exactly.  Take a digital picture of what you need.  Once I see exactly what is missing on needs to be done, I can help further......

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business