Major Appliances/kenmore refrigerator

Question
thermistor
thermistor  
QUESTION: Hi,I have a kenmore refrigerator where the defrost cycle is not kicking so there was icing all over. I called sears guy who showed up and said i needed to replace the microcomputer and a thermistor and it will cost $760 with labor. I ordered the parts myself and replaced the microcomputer and the displays are working, but i am not sure where the thermistor would go to get the defroster work. The picture of the thermistor is attached. The kenmore refrigerator model number is 106.53706202. Thanks for any help.

ANSWER: Found the microcomputer and then ran a search on the sears site and cannot find your unit having a thermister...or thermistor...or sensor...  Please show me in a diagram where this may go.  Freezer or fresh food.  NOt getting much info on this one.  Why two parts?  They guessing?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

therm
therm  
QUESTION: so I did a bit more searching and it shows to be in the "refrigerator liner" section item 23 as shows in the attached pic.

Does it mean i have to remove the top of the refrigerator? will that be difficult?

Answer
I see the thermistor is in the fresh food section and it is not part of the defrost system.  I have never been confident in SEARS techs.....this thermistor is not part of the defrost system and in my opinion he is guessing like most Sears techs do...in my opinion....   Check continuity on the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat while these are both cold.....Let me know what you find....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion