Major Appliances/Maytag LDG412 Gas Dryer flame ignition problem

I've followed the general advice given by most people when the Maytag LDG412 dryer doesn't heat anymore: check/replace coils, check/replace igniter, check/replace hi-temp thermostat, check/replace flame sensor.
Here's my exact situation though. When the dryer is turned on the igniter glows bright orange and then a few seconds later the gas flame ignites. The flame remains on for about 5-7 seconds and is then shut off. I have replaced the valve coils, the hi-temp thermostat and checked the flame sensor for continuity. Vent is clear. Gas supply is fine. Any further suggestions would be welcomed.

That is a tough one at this point.  Something is shutting the safety valve off.  Normally it is one of the parts you have already replaced.  If your flame is not correct, the hi-limit safety thermostat gets hot pretty quick.  By the way, you must have the unit back together allowing proper air flow when testing.  You have a gas valve access panel on the front of your unit.  View through this door when testing....Let me know if I can help further..

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business