Major Appliances/Maytag Side by Side MSD2454GR

Question
Hello, I read your response to unclogging the drain with the top freezer models.  How do I do this in my Side by Side Model.  I have water that has leaked into the bottom of my freezer and frozen, sounds like the clogged drain described in the previous readers question.  Thanks in advance for your help
Kelly

Answer
You must first empty all the food and shelving in the freezer section.  Next remove the rear inside freezer panel.  Once removed, you will see the aluminum evaporator coils and directly underneath these coils will be a small drain pan and a hole where water flows into the pan underneath the unit.  Using a hair dryer, remove all the ice and then unblock this drain line.  Once unblocked, reassemble and your unit will work as normal.  

If we can help further, we are here....
Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion