Major Appliances/Maytag Side by Side MSD2454GR

Hello, I read your response to unclogging the drain with the top freezer models.  How do I do this in my Side by Side Model.  I have water that has leaked into the bottom of my freezer and frozen, sounds like the clogged drain described in the previous readers question.  Thanks in advance for your help

You must first empty all the food and shelving in the freezer section.  Next remove the rear inside freezer panel.  Once removed, you will see the aluminum evaporator coils and directly underneath these coils will be a small drain pan and a hole where water flows into the pan underneath the unit.  Using a hair dryer, remove all the ice and then unblock this drain line.  Once unblocked, reassemble and your unit will work as normal.  

If we can help further, we are here....

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business