Major Appliances/Whirpool Low Agitation Not Working

Question
Timer
Timer  
QUESTION: The ALLEXPETS program would not give me the option to respond.  I did as you asked, set the dial to Casual Low Spin and the machine immediately started spinning and went through cycle.  I then changed the dial to the second spin and it also worked without issue.

ANSWER: Please copy and paste our entire conversation into your response to this thread.  I only volunteer here and do not have control over the website and how it reacts.  I need to see our previous communication to respond  again.  Thanks, Eric

QUESTION: Expert:
Eric Campion

Subject:
No low agitation washing machine

Question:

Controls

timer
QUESTION: My Whirlpool Model LSW9750PW3 top load washing machine fills with water and agitates on high agitation.  It will drain and spin, but when it changes to low agitation it begins making a loud noise and although it agitates, it stops and there is a strong electrical smell.  The motor has overheated, apparently, because after a short while the washer will turn on again, manually.  I have replaced the timer and looked at the coupler and it looks to be in place, but do not know where to go from here. Can you help.

ANSWER: Try changing your cycle speed selector knob to a different setting and try it again.  Let me know what happens...if anything.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

QUESTION: If by changing speed you mean change to other setting, casual or delicates, yes these work, except for the agitation.  After water fills, the timer advances and the agitation begins, but with a loud noise.  If I let it keep going I begin to smell a strong electrical or burning smell.  I then stop the machine and advance the timer and it drains and spins and refills.  The high speed agitation does work, if it is next in sequence.

ANSWER: I am not speaking of the timer assembly...the main control, I am speaking of one of the smaller knobs to the left of the large one and it will have the words cycle selection or motor speeds listed on the control....  Is this the knob you are speaking of....

Eric

QUESTION: No sir there is no cycle selection or motor speed on the controls.  First to left is Extra Rinse, next Cycle Signal, next Wash Temperature, next Load Size.

Answer:
I realize that now.  The cycle switch as in the look-up is a cycle signal switch rather than what I thought.  On the casual cycle there is a low spin and then a little further there is just a spin.  Set your timer dial to first the low spin and start the machine.  What happens?  Next go to the lower spin cycle abd do the same.  What Happens ?

"The ALLEXPETS program would not give me the option to respond.  I did as you asked, set the dial to Casual Low Spin and the machine immediately started spinning and went through cycle.  I then changed the dial to the second spin and it also worked without issue."

Eric

Answer
Thanks for the model number again....All of the tests you ran for me and the symptoms indicate to me to look at the timer control. The motor is running in both spin speeds and the only controlling factor here is the timer which sends power to the motor.  Take a close look at your timer and see if the timer is coming apart at any of the seams...especially in and around where the plug connector snaps into.....  

Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion