Major Appliances/Dishwasher

We have a Bosch dishwasher model shu9956uc which was not cleaning well and running for a longer than normal time. I did some research and found out about the heater relay problem common with Bosch. When i took the control board out I saw that one terminal had got hot enough to discolor the area and the wire from the relay had burned through. I purchased a new relay and soldered it to the board an reassembled everything. When I turned the circuit back on, apparently nothing was happening. I pushed the two buttons that were supposed to reset the board to factory settings but nothing. I then tried holding the same two buttons down while turning the dishwasher on and the two buttons lit up and the reading said 22. When I tried to run a load of dishes, nothing apparently happened but after a while I heard the dishwasher running and it did wash and apparently complete a cycle. The problem that remains is that none of the button lights seem to light up and when we start a wash cycle, it doesn't apparently start but later it does. My wife is not positive that it is completing the dry cycle but we are not sure of that. The lights on the front do light up after it decides to start. It seems to be confused. Can you advise?  Thank you,

Not saying you do not know what you are doing but since the relay corrected some of the problem, I would replace the control board.  Modifying control boards without the proper jigs to properly test them results in problem that could just run us around in circles.  Please try one of the other all experts that might be more familiar....

Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business