Major Appliances/Door Locked on Kenmore Elite He3t Front Load Washer

The door on our Kenmore Elite He3t Front Load Washer is locked with clothes inside! The cycle finished; the water drained out of the barrel; the door will not unlock. I have tried to select several different cycle options to "wake up" the washer, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions on how to release the door? Thanks!

Do you happen to have the model number of the unit is a book or on a receipt?  If not, remove the lower panel and reach up just below the door lock assembly from the inside.  Try to feel for a plastic pull tab.  If common unit, this should open up the door by pulling it downward....

IF I can help further, please supply the model number when you have the door open...

Eric Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business