Major Appliances/refrigerator problem

I have an old MasterBuilt commercial display refrigerator that was just filled with freon by a technician. He checked everything else out, said the compressor looked and seemed to work fine. I have it plugged into a power strip via an extension cord. He said this was fine, as long as I didn't plug anything else in it like a portable heater. After he left, I noticed the power fluctuating. Should this be on its own dedicated outlet? It isn't huge, but I was wondering if the power fluctuation is a bad sign that something else is worn in it or if I simply have a low power source?

Not sure.....simply placed a voltage meter in the outlet strip and monitor the voltage at the strip.....You will see if the voltage is fluctuating.  A/C power normally much?  TEll me and I will tell you if this is within range.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business