Major Appliances/Refrigerator turning off and on

Question
QUESTION: Today, I walked by the refrigerator and noticed it was turning off and on. I don't if it's the fan or compressor, but whatever the normal noise you hear coming from the refrigerator, this is what I am referring to. It was going off and on, and I finally uplugged the refrigerator and plugged it back in, and it seemed fine after this. Can you tell me what might have been happening to cause this? The brand is Kenmore.

Thanks

ANSWER: I will need the model number of your unit so I can see the cooling and control system that runs your compressor and fans.  What ever it is, it will come back and real soon.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Hello,

I had pretty much given up on finding the number until I remembered it was actually on the inside of the fridge. The model number is 106.57032601, Kenmore.

Answer
Thanks for the model number.  You have a side by side with an adaptive defrost control which has a relay on it.  You need to determine if the clicking is coming from behind the unit or inside the refrigerator section itself....  If behind, most likely the start relay for the compressor or if inside, most likely the adaptive  defrost control.  Check this and let us know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion