Major Appliances/washer issue

Hello I have a hotpoint washer that's a few years old the model number is htwp1000moww.  The problem i'm having is that when the tub is filling up the water will not stop it'll just keep running and overflow the tub.  I was wondering what you may think it is?

Most likely the pressure switch, pressure hose has a pin hole in it or the collector on the outside of the outer tub where the pressure hose attaches to is very dirty.  Soap scum has a tendency to build up inside this vacuum break.  I use a plastic zip tie to get in there and clean it.  THe vacuum break does not come is part of the outer tub....

If I can help further....

Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business