Major Appliances/washer issue

Question
Hello I have a hotpoint washer that's a few years old the model number is htwp1000moww.  The problem i'm having is that when the tub is filling up the water will not stop it'll just keep running and overflow the tub.  I was wondering what you may think it is?

Answer
Most likely the pressure switch, pressure hose has a pin hole in it or the collector on the outside of the outer tub where the pressure hose attaches to is very dirty.  Soap scum has a tendency to build up inside this vacuum break.  I use a plastic zip tie to get in there and clean it.  THe vacuum break does not come off....it is part of the outer tub....

If I can help further....

Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion