Major Appliances/washing machine hose

QUESTION: I am getting a new washer and dryer and the are slightly deeper than my old ones.  I want to get them a little closer to the wall and thus would like to put a 90 degree elbow of some sort on the fittings on the washer and on the outlet from the wall.  What am I looking for?  I can't use just a regular 3/4 brass or plastic street elbow, can I?  Doesn't it have to have the rubber to seal it like a garden hose?   Thanks for any help you can give me.

ANSWER: How long do you need these washer fill hoses with the 90 degree elbow on one side?  Price depends on length...

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: maybe 4-5 feet max.

I tried finding a good part number for the hose I have in mind.  The older Maytag washers had a 90 degree elbow built in on one end of the fill hose and a straight one on the other.  We are sold out of that style and now when I put the part number in various databases, it crosses to the straight on both ends.  If you have a local appliance store go in there and see if they have any 90 degree brass elbows on one end of the fill hose.  I wish I could have been more helpful  Part number is 202860.

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business