Major Appliances/whirlpool washing machine

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio top loading washer now on its 8th year. I do roughly 7 loads per week. Recently it has started to sound like a jet is taking off whenever the tub is spinning. After searching the internet for this problem I think it might be bad bearings. The part looks like it will be about $200 and I don't know how much it will cost to hire someone to install it. Is this something we can try to do ourselves or is this better left to a professional? Also, other than the noise, is the washer still washing properly? Is it worth it to fix or is this how long washers last and its time to buy a new one? Should I wait for it to die and then buy a new one?
Thank you!

The Whirlpool Cabrio is a good machine and is probably worth the repair.  They did have two different systems within, one having a stator motor and another having a belt/pulley system.  If the stator motor, I can sell you the bearing kit for 82.95.  Please supply the model number so I can take a closer look at your unit...

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business