Major Appliances/won't agitate-frigidare fex831cs0

I changed the water overflow switch and the motor. I also checked the belt and cleaned the agitator. My machine still will not agitate. I can spin the drum back and forth fine. I have read online how to check to see if the transmission is bad and as far as I have read the transmission is good. There is no odor or burnt smell. It will spin and empty fine. I can not find a local technician to come out and work on my machine so please help.

When the unit fills with water and then stops filling what happens next?  IS the unit dead or does the motor run?  If it does run, what direction is the motor running?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business