Major Appliances/Maytag Refrigerator

I have a Maytag Refrigerator Model MFF2558KEB.  We noticed that the freezer drawer has a slight build up of frost.  We called a local repair man and he said to unplug it and let sit and then plug back in.  We have done this several times and it always seems to work.  This time we did it and everything defrosted but the refrigerator has been running for over 12 hours straight.  Is there something wrong with is?

When you say the refrigerator is running, Do you simply mean the fan in the freezer section?  This is a common conception but I will need you to pull the refrigerator from the wall and remove the lower rear cover.  There is a black roundish ball which is the compressor.  Can you verify if this is running?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business