Major Appliances/Refrigerator dripping

HI!  I have a side by side Whirlpool refrigerator, model # ED20TQ with ice maker.  It it dripping water from the left and right side of the freezer door.  I took the back panel on the inside of the freezer off and made sure the drain was clear by pouring hot water in it.  No problem there but still have water dripping.   Whirlpool's website and user manual is of no help.   Any suggestions you may have would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

First of all your model number is three letters and two numbers short.  Generally, if your unit is working fine...meaning temperatures in the freezer section are at least 4 degrees and lower, this tells me if condensation in the freezer door should be frozen.  Over the years condensation gets in the freezer door and freezes.  When temperatures begin to get higher, the condensation begins to thaw and of course gravity makes the water drip from the bottom.  Get me a complete model number and also, exact temperatures in the freezer section after your thermometer has been in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.  In addition, check the flapper door where your ice goes through the freezer door into your cup.  Look on the inside down into the chute and check for any kind of gap...where air can leak.  Let me know what you find....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business