Major Appliances/Refrigerator dripping

Question
HI!  I have a side by side Whirlpool refrigerator, model # ED20TQ with ice maker.  It it dripping water from the left and right side of the freezer door.  I took the back panel on the inside of the freezer off and made sure the drain was clear by pouring hot water in it.  No problem there but still have water dripping.   Whirlpool's website and user manual is of no help.   Any suggestions you may have would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Barbara

Answer
First of all your model number is three letters and two numbers short.  Generally, if your unit is working fine...meaning temperatures in the freezer section are at least 4 degrees and lower, this tells me if condensation in the freezer door should be frozen.  Over the years condensation gets in the freezer door and freezes.  When temperatures begin to get higher, the condensation begins to thaw and of course gravity makes the water drip from the bottom.  Get me a complete model number and also, exact temperatures in the freezer section after your thermometer has been in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.  In addition, check the flapper door where your ice goes through the freezer door into your cup.  Look on the inside down into the chute and check for any kind of gap...where air can leak.  Let me know what you find....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion