Major Appliances/No Cold Water Whirlpool wtw5200vq2

Question
QUESTION: I have a Whirlpool washer model wtw5200vq2 and it will not fill / use cold water. I've replaced the water inlet valve and the new valve had no affect. The warm & hot fill cycles operate and the supply is fine. I'm really not sure what else to look for

ANSWER: Thanks for the model number...  I need you to go to your machine and turn the selector to warm fill and start a cycle.  Next, I need you to determine if when filling with warm water is it really warm or is it all hot?  When filling warm, both the cold water valve and the hot water valve open to create warm.  SO....water will come in on warm but I need to know if it is just hot or is both the hot and cold water inlet valves coming on and supplying warm water.  If Hot when testing, go to the back of the machine and turn off the cold water.  Next, remove the cold water hose from the rear of the washing machine.  Now, take your drain hose out of its drain pipe and insert the cold water hose.  Turn on the cold water faucet and allow it to run for a few minutes and make sure the pressure coming out is forceful.  Let me know what you find.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: I'm getting only hot water. The cold supply is fine. The machine doesn't appear to be "calling" for cold water.

Answer
You said you replaced the water inlet valve which comes with both the hot and cold valves along with a new thermistor. The water temperature control decides which water to turn on.  Unplug machine and then remove the plugs going tot he temperature control and then re-insert firmly.  Did this make a change?  If not, one final tidbit....remove both water fill hoses and reverse them.  What comes in now....  Hot, cold or warm?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion