Major Appliances/dripping pan

Hello Eric,

Our fridge is a Kenmore Model 10659914700. I removed the plastic grill at the bottom front of the unit for cleaning. Down there, under the freezer side (the left side of the fridge if one's facing the appliance) there's a tray or pan. I think that its purpose is to collect water dripping from the "defrost cycle" or whatever it's called. So I tried to take the pan out to clean it, but it's got blue tape in the front and the back holding it in place. Is it ok to remove the tape and take this tray out to wash it? What is the blue tape for?

Thank you in advance,

The tape is solely installed from the factory to keep the condensate drip pan from moving around during shipment and delivery.  You can remove the tape and clean your pan.  Make sure it is installed properly when you are finished cleaning it.....

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business