Major Appliances/maximum dryer vent run

Question
I have a GE dryer model# gtdp180ed0ww seriaI have a GE dryer model# gtdp180ed0ww serial# sz733062a previous homeowner did a terrible job venting and am going to replace with a rigid vent. Manual says to use shortest run possible and that's it. I live in kennewick, wa and just was wondering if you knew what the maximum feet a run could be with this model. I am aware of adding 5 feet for 90 elbows and such. Thank you.l# sz733062a previous homeowner did a terrible job venting and am going to replace with a rigid vent. Manual says to use shortest run possible and that's it. I live in kennewick, wa and just was wondering if you knew what the maximum feet a run could be with this model. I am aware of adding 5 feet for 90 elbows and such. Thank you.

Answer
Most all manufactures do not recommend a dryer exhaust longer than ten feet.  In cases where it must be run longer, they suggest a dryer booster.  A simply 4" inline booster that comes on when the dryer is running to help push out the moist air from your clothing.  Hope this helps you....

Eric Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion