Major Appliances/Kenmore washer won't spin

Question
QUESTION: I have a Kenmore 70 series washer that was not draining.  I followed some youtube videos to see if I could troubleshoot as from what I've heard from other sites, it is a dependable washer.  I did notice the plastic notches on one side of the coupler were snapped off (hooking up the transmission to the motor I think).  Replaced coupler and limit switch as that seems to be another problem I've heard about.  After changing, filled fine and started filling then agitating very slowly until not agitating at all, all though I still hear a hum from the motor like I have before when all was working.  Also, the tub seems to sit about an inch or so lower than before.  Any thoughts?  Also, the tub runs with or without the lid down.  Need help as I like this washer.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: The model number you have submitted to us is incomplete or not correct for your unit.  In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: Model: 110.92578210

Serial:  CE3951164

Stock:  25782

ANSWER: Thankas for the model number and I agree...that is a very good washing machine.  First thing I want you to do is remove the agitator and take a look at the nut that secures the inner tub and keeps it locked in place.  Can you snap me a clear digital picture of this nut and let me see it.  From here I can instruct further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Nut from top
Nut from top  

side view
side view  
QUESTION: Sorry about the delay.  I work 2 jobs and washer maintenance is not my expertise.  Hopefully the pics I took are what you are looking for.

Answer
Agitator
Agitator  
They are the pictures but I cannot see what I need to see.  If you look at the top of the agitator shaft, it is splined...This portion attaches to the agitator.  Looking further down, you will seen a nut (spanner nut) and the nut screws on to the tub block.  This is where the spin comes from.  If you look straight down you will see two little indents where the block locks into the spin tube.  Can you tell if these two tabs from the spin tube are worn down or are they locked in place.  If worn down, the tub could have actually dropped down and now when the spin tube spins, the inner tub does not properly.  It may spin a little without weight but normally not with a load of wet clothing.  Look at this area and see if you can see when the tabs go and it the space is on the block itself.  I have attached a picture for your convenience.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion