Major Appliances/Maytag Dishwasher MDB4100AWW

I am still hacking away at attempting to determine the problem with my Maytag dishwasher.
There is a constant hissing sound during the entire wash cycle ....sounds like an open hose.
I checked the solenoid and it appears to be OK.
The sound is coming from the bottom of the door.
I have a parts explosion of the unit......could it be from a defective drain impellor.....or any other impellor part.
I do not believe that it is the motor bearing, since that would cause more of a grinding noise in my view.
Hope you can help.

My guess is there is something in the circulating pump motor assembly rubbing up against one of the impellers. Not sure if I ever heard this noise as hissing...but I would check here first.  If the inner tub is not overflowing nad there is no water on the floor, I doubt if it is a water hiss.....Check the impellers.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business