Major Appliances/Whirlpool cabrio loud noise and oil spray

Question
Hi Eric, my whirlpool cabrio washer (WTW6700TW1) makes a loud noise during the spin cycles and there is an oil spray on floor around washer. What is the problem and what parts do I need for repair? Thank you!

Answer
Hello Dorothy,
         There is no oil in your machine.  It does not even have a transmission.  What is happening is your tub seal began leaking and then leaked into the bearings.  This caused them to rust and what you think is oil is really rusty water which looks and smells like oil.  You will need a bearing kit which includes all seals, bearings and shaft to make this repair.  I have done about 25 of them now.  Part number is W10435302 and I can sell you the entire kit for 79.95 to make this repair.  If you have never done this before, I suggest you have a qualified Appliance Repair technician do this installation however.

Good Luck in your decision,

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion