Major Appliances/Whirlpool cabrio loud noise and oil spray

Hi Eric, my whirlpool cabrio washer (WTW6700TW1) makes a loud noise during the spin cycles and there is an oil spray on floor around washer. What is the problem and what parts do I need for repair? Thank you!

Hello Dorothy,
         There is no oil in your machine.  It does not even have a transmission.  What is happening is your tub seal began leaking and then leaked into the bearings.  This caused them to rust and what you think is oil is really rusty water which looks and smells like oil.  You will need a bearing kit which includes all seals, bearings and shaft to make this repair.  I have done about 25 of them now.  Part number is W10435302 and I can sell you the entire kit for 79.95 to make this repair.  If you have never done this before, I suggest you have a qualified Appliance Repair technician do this installation however.

Good Luck in your decision,

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business