Major Appliances/freezer

I have a small chest freezer.  It works but sometimes it lets the food defrost before it kicks in again.  If I check it sometimes and the light is off I can give it a kick and it starts up and the light comes on.  Any idea why it doesn't start up when it should?

It sounds like you have a main power supply connection failure.  Lights are not controlled by the thermostat.  Check wiring from your outlet to the first connection or so in the unit.  Let me know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business