Major Appliances/washer

Question
QUESTION: Kenmore, model 110.238321090, type 111, ser# CP0420972.... It will not spin. Pulled motor, coupler is OK. When empty it will spin weakly. Can put my hand in & stop the tub easily.

ANSWER: Most likely a slipping clutch.  The unit fills, agitates and drains....Just won't spin.  Clutch most likely defective causing this problem.  It is a good unit and worth the repair.  It takes me about 15-20 minutes to change out the clutch.  We can help with the part and instructions if needed.  Part number is 285785 and your cost is 38.95 + shipping.....Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

QUESTION: Ordered the part from you. Do  you have a video/instructions/parts breakdown to help me install it?

Answer
Basically it is pretty simple.  I pop the agitator cap and then the next cover if applicable.  Then I remove the 7/16 inch bolt and remove the agitator.  Next, I pull the machine away from the wall and tilt it backward against the wall.  Next, I have in had a 1/2 socket and a flat bladed screw driver.  Laying on the floor, I remove the wires from the motor and then the white wire tab from the transmission.  With flat bladed screw driver, I remove the retaining clips from the pump assembly and pull it off the motor. This frees everything out of the way to remove the transmission.  Locate the three 1/2 headed bolts securing the transmission to the milkstool and remove these one at a time.  When removing the last one, the transmission will fall so be prepared.  Next, inspect the color of the spring in your old clutch and choose the proper color from the clutch assembly you purchased from us.  If the clutch drum is in good condition, I don't remove the drum, simply using a pair of pliers, squeeze the spring together and then slip the clutch band out of the housing.  Install the new band and then the almond colored plastic item in the bag goes on the brake assembly in the area the transmission came out of.  That is pretty self explanatory.   If I can help further....I am here.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion