Major Appliances/Whirlpool Duet Sport HE Front Load Washer WFW8500S

in the middle of a cycle it just shut completely off, i drained the water out pulled clothes out and it came back on (clicked a couple times) then shut off again. I unplugged it shook the machine and it clicked a couple of times started back up then shut off again within 30 seconds. Now it wont start at all. i tried to do little checks it saying to do but no lights come on at all.

I would check the door inter-locking mechanism real close. If door won't lock correctly, the symptoms are similar to yours.  Check this and let me know what you find. When replying, please supply the complete model number and there are about 5 units come up with the same prefix....All would have different features, thus different controls....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business