Major Appliances/Kenmore HE3t washer wAter leak

I have kenmore HE3t model 110 49962 603  serial csy 2302818 washer that leaks. I removed lower cover and noticed water leaking from between the two plastic drum halves when it is in the spin cycle. Is this an exspensive  repair? I am very handy/mechanical and will try repair myself if parts are  not to costly. Do you offer technical support?  Also this washer has been unused for 4 months and previous user is unavailable to ask how long it had been leaking. I have been offered to try the set before I buy it .

Thank you.   Dave

There is a seal that connects the rear outer tub to the front outer tub.  This will have to be replaced and not an easy job.  Basically, you must remove the entire front panel with boot and then all the clips that go around the front assembly.  Pull it off and then install new seal, securing the two together once again.  

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business