Major Appliances/stove touchpad keeps turning off

Question
QUESTION: I have  MAYTAG mgs5870adc GAS STOVE/OVEN. tHE TOUCHPAD/CLOCK KEEPS TURNING OFF. During the day/night we will either find the display flashing as if the power went out or off. even when it is off the cooktop ignites and the oven light works. If I press on the face of the display I can sometimes get it to turn back on. Obviously a problem during cooking. could it be as simple as a loose ribbon connector? I see the part is +/- $400 to replace plus labor.

Is it hard to access the back of the control pad to check the connector?

ANSWER: Hopefully you are correct about a bad or loose connection.  THere should be two clip...one on the left and one onn the right side just under the front portion of the top burner assembly.  Using a putty knife, de[ress each of these clips and lift the top up.  Make sure unit is not plugged in before gain ing access.  LEt me know if I can help further.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: I am not sure what you mean by the clips being located under the top burner assembly. The touchpad and knobs for the stove top sit directly in front of and below the burner assembly between the oven door and the cook top. There are plastic end caps and what feel like several screws on the underside of the control panel when I open the oven door. Do the end caps simply pop off or are they fastened? Are there screws that need to be removed inside the end caps along with the screws under the control assembly?

ANSWER: Sorry....you are correct... I took a closer look and while over the years, have worked on them....It's difficult to remember without being there exactly how they come apart.  I will try to find  service manual and see if I can get some better information for you.  Please reply so I have a link to respond.  Thanks, Eric

QUESTION: If you could that would be much appreciated. I have looked all over online and cannot find either an exploded parts view that shows how it all comes apart or a you tube video.

Answer
I found the service manual which is incorporated into many different models.  It does not specifically show how to gain access to your control panel.  If I were there, I would simply begin taking screws out under the control panel and along the sides of the end caps.  Pull the unit out a few inches as they sometime hine hidden screws there. I wish I could be more helpful....

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion