Major Appliances/GE Oven JTP15WW

The oven has worked great until just recently.  Now it will randomly shut off during a bake cycle.  I can usually reset it to start up again, but obviously a big problem.  When programming the touch controls, the display reads a little weird, and sometimes I have to hit the buttons more than once to get them to work.  Sometimes when it shuts itself off, the entire display goes out/dark. I'd hate to replace the entire oven unless this can not be fixed, or fixed for a reasonable cost.  Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

In my experience, it has always been the electronic control failing.  Part number is WB27K5273 which over the years crossed to the most current part number WB27T10265.  Unfortunately these controls are not available anymore that I can find.  You might search out companies that rebuild electronic range controls and see their pricing and options.  Good Luck, Eric Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business