Major Appliances/Maytag Dishwasher

Question
Model MD87749AWB1
The start, delay, Auto clean, heavy, heated dry, Light, and rinse buttons will not light up/work.  The steam clean, high temp, and heated dry buttons DO light up when pressed.

For a couple of days, I pressed the START button and it would eventually work.  Yesterday the START button will not work even though I pressed it many times.

I took the panel off to see it there was anything obvious wrong.  I didn't notice anything.  When I put it back together, the START button worked the first time.  My next attempt to START failed, and now doesn't work at all.

Does this sound like a Control panel problem, or a control board problem.  Any advise is appreciated!

Answer
Control Panel
Control Panel  
Sure sounds like the control panel touchpad is the culprit.  Electronic controls on dishwashers do not normally go out like that...working ...not working.  Part number for thr control panel in black is W10356466 and your cost through us is 119.95 + shipping to your state.  We are in PA....Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion