Major Appliances/Kenmore Dishwasher

QUESTION: Sir, I have a Kenmore dishwasher elite. Model # 665.16464300. The washer doesn't get used that much, usually about once every three months or so. I tried to use it today and the lights on the selection that I had picked came on. I pressed the start button but nothing happened. about 30-45 seconds later the lights went off. I tried several times with different options. I checked the float on the inside to see if that was clear, it was. I also checked to see if the micro-switch on the door lock was working, it was. I also checked the fuse ? from the door micro switch for continuity. It seemed Okay. Anything else I need to look at? Help would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Check the water inlet valve to make sure it is working.  Sounds to me like you staert your unit but the vcontrol never defects water and times out.  Ohm it out or apply 110 volts directly to the terminals and see if it opens to allow water to pass through.  Good Luck....  If we can help further, we are here.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441   

QUESTION: I pulled the unit and disconnected the wires to the terminals. I checked across them for a beep with the meter but got nothing. I them hooked the meter the the wires and tried to start the unit and get a reading. I got something like 6 volts, I think. I then applied 110 to the terminals and the the valve opened and it let water flow.

ANSWER: Find your tech sheet and trace the power source backward....most generally it goes through the float switch and then to the control.  Good Luck, Eric

QUESTION: I checked the float for continuity and I had power through it. I have power to the board. I can't check the relays on it. I'm thinking the relay is bad.

Please help me to the wires that came off the water valve, you had only 6 volts?  Check the thermal fuse down on the pump motor assembly or is that the one you did check.   also, follow the wires that come out of the door going to the unit and make sure there is no break in the wires..

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business