Major Appliances/Vintage Wall Oven Removal

Westinghouse Wall Oven
Westinghouse Wall Oven  
I have a vintage 1950's stainless steel Westinghouse wall oven (Model OIA-24-8)in good working order.  I am replacing my cabinets and need to remove the wall oven from it's current cabinet so I can reinstall it in the new cabinet.  Can't seem to see how it is fasten and do not want to damage it.  How do I remove the oven from the cabinet?

typically there are screws on the sides that may be covered with caps, so open the oven door and look for them on both sides of the cavity.  Be very careful with removal and reinstallation.  The wires are very brittle from time and break easily...Good Luck with your endeavor... Ann

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business