Major Appliances/Gas oven ignition

I have a Whirlpool oven, 3 years old bur never used;  model WFG374LVB2, serial R11317357.  Hooked up with propane, the top or range burners work fine, but the oven will not ignite- when I turn on the bake function, there are 4 clicks from the igniter and then nothing- about 30 seconds later, it does that again, then nothing else happens. It's like there is no gas getting to the oven- what can this be, any ideas? Is this something I can fix myself?

Check the little gas valve plunger on you safety inlet valve and make sure it is in the open position.  Let us know what you find....  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business