Major Appliances/GE wall oven...

Mr. Campion...
I've got a GE wall oven (single oven) about 12 years old.  Lately when you turn it on it will get hot...and then click off the breaker switch in the fuse box just as soon as it gets good and hot (say around 350 degrees).  If you go downstairs and try to reset the breaker, it will spark and cut right back off.  But if you wait awhile...till the oven cools can reset it and it will stay on.  The oven lights will be on again, and it will turn on...till it gets hot, where it cuts off all over again, etc.
Does that sound like maybe a wire is getting hot and expanding just enough to touch something else metal...maybe creating a short?
Any suggestions, advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Warm regards,
David Gardner

Try this...Turn your oven off and then wait for the breaker to trip.  When it does, turn your oven off then try to reset your breaker.  Can you?  When replying, please supply the model number of your GE Wall OVen.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business