Major Appliances/Microwave paint peeling - fire hazard?

Question
Dear Eric - I have a GE Profile microwave, model #pem31sm3ss, no longer under warranty.  It works great but the paint inside is peeling and bubbling on the "ceiling."  Is this a potential fire hazard?  I Googled this problem  - some people say it is no big deal, while others say their houses burned down from the resulting fires.  I am confused and not sure what to believe.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.  Yours, Susan

Answer
You will ruin the microwave if you continue to use it with this condition.  Because the metal exposed will start to arc and burn out the working parts.  You need to clean and remove loose paint and repaint the interior of the cavity with an appliance paint.  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion