Major Appliances/Whirlpool side by side not cooling

Question
QUESTION: The unit is not cooling and was making a clicking sound.  I replaced the relay and capacitor and not still not cooling but the clicking sound is gone.  The fan is operating, the compressor is not running and is cool to the touch.  I used a simple continuity light to check the compressor-I have continuity on all 3 prongs and no short to a ground.  The fridge is about 12 yrs old.  What is next step?  Is the motherboard the next suspect?

ANSWER: What is your model number.....    Eric

QUESTION: Model #:  GS6SHAXMQ00

Answer
You need to unplug the unit, and remove the rear access cover down at the bottom..usually 5/16 nut driver, this will expose the compressor, which is the large round black thing.. on it is a plastic cover about 4" long by maybe 3" long... there is a wire bracket that holds the cover in place, remove the bracket, then the cover. take a good sniff of those parts for a burning smell, check their appearance for burn marks or melting and if none, remove the part and shake it, listening for a rattle.... Let me know..we should have the items needed in stock... Have a good night.   Ann  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion