Major Appliances/More Info re KitchenAid Dishwasher Drip

Question
QUESTION: Eric,
On Jan 21 I wrote you concerning a drip leak from my KitchenAid dishwasher.  At the time you asked if the leak was underneath or in the front.  I replied that there was no leakage underneath and you suggested that I remove the outer door cover and run the dishwasher.
Here is what I found:
1.  There is a fairly steady drip leak during any wash/rinse cycles.  Water drips from the outer side of the door hinge at the right hand side (i.e. the right door hinge at the base of the door).  I collected almost 1 cup of leakage.  The inside of the hinge remained dry throughout operation of the dishwasher.
2.  There is a metal trough at the base of the door that extends the width of the door (the trough became visible after removing the door cover).  I noticed that during the wash/rinse cycles, the trough fills with water (about 1/4 to 1/2 the height of the trough). Water is entering this trough from the right hand corner.  Once the dishwasher enters a drain cycle, the trough seems to empty via the right hand corner.  I observed the trough filling with some water and then draining during each wash/drain cycle.
3.  Other than water flowing into and out of the trough noted above, there are no other leakage issues with the door (soap dispenser, etc.).
4.  A few other checks I made:  the float is not stuck and the dishwasher is level.  I interrupted the wash cycle and found that the water depth at the front of the dishwasher was approximately 3/8 inch.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thx in advance

ANSWER: Thanks for your response....  Please supply the model number of your Kitchenaide dishwasher so I can take a closer look at this unit for you.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: The KitchenAid Dishwasher model is KUDS30IXSS2.  Looking at a parts diagram on the KitchenAid website, I can't tell if the trough that I mentioned is part of the bottom door seal.  There has been no change in the leakage when I run the dishwasher.
Thank you for taking the time to help.

Water
Water  
ANSWER: Take a look at ther picture I have attached.  Is this what you are speaking of and look at as a possible suspect for the leak?  If so, remove it and clean it well.  Reinstall carefully and make sure all portions of sealing are intact....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

QUESTION: I looked at the picture of the bottom door seal that you sent me.  I believe it looks like what I have.  My only question is how do I remove it?  The dishwasher is KitchenAid (KUDS30IXSS2). If I find that the seal needs to be replaced, do you sell them?  How much does the part cost?  According to the KitchenAid parts list, the bottom seal for my machine is item W10195543.

Can I remove without having to do anything to the door?  In looking at a schematic drawing of my machine I can't tell if I have to remove the outer door panel.  Here is a link to the parts drawing: http://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20W104166  (the inner door is on page 3)

I have not been able to find any online instructions for removing the bottom seal.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,  Bill in CT

Answer
You must remove the outer door panel and then this seal is screwed to the inner door panel.  Not a bad job at all.  Might want to take it apart and check it prior to ordering from anyone.  It just may be gunked up with excess soap and food particles.  Cleaning might be the answer.  I have never had to replace one of these just yet.  We do have this seal in stock and can ship when you need it.  The most current part number is W10497235 and your cost is 18.90 + 6.95 shipping in the United States.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion