Major Appliances/gas stove does not reach temp

QUESTION: I have a maytag gas stove/oven. I had the control panel repaired last year and it has been working fine. Recently it displays the temp you set the oven for but it is clear that it is not reaching temp. if you cancel and restart it then displays the temp it actually is and never reaches desired temp. Example - set bake 350. It displays 350 but if you cancel and restart it will show it is only 265. Never reaches 350.

ANSWER: In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

Not sure how mechanical you are but I would be looking at the oven ignitor.  Your unit incorporates a flat style ignitor and it should draw 3.2 - 3.6 amps in order for the oven safety valve to open and ignite the oven burner.  You will either need to replace it or for verification, you can put an amp meter on the ignitor and then turn it on.  Watch the amperage draw on the meter.  If not within the range I listed above, replace the ignitor.  If the amperage is good, let me know and I will instruct further....

Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business